Whether you’re looking for a casual or a serious relationship in Barcelona, there are many excellent ways to meet people in this beautiful city! If you’re single in Barcelona, you have incredible options to find people to date, go out with and to make a connection with.
There are tons of bars, a fantastic club scene that’s pumping every night of the week, and a city atmosphere that combines Spanish passion with Mediterranean style. Barcelona has universities across the city, and areas like Barri Gótic, Port Olimpico and Barceloneta are fantastic places to find some fun! The weather, beaches, and beautiful people sets Barcelona apart as a city for singles.
If you want to start any kind of relationship in Barcelona, you’re definitely going to have to put yourself out there. You’ll need to step out of your comfort zone. Depending on your personality, you might have to do things you that you haven’t been doing until now.
You can get to know people the conventional way, by meeting potential partners through friends, taking part in social clubs and activities, or spending your time in places where you might meet interesting people. You should definitely consider the internet as a way to meet dates. There are websites that can connect you with all sorts of people with similar attitudes and ideas of various ages, professions and appearance.
Barcelona is an awesome city for singles for many reasons:
- Barcelona is large enough that there’s always something exciting going on. Go to different places in different parts of the city and you’ll always meet new people. You don’t have to see the same people over and over again unless you choose to.
- As people are territorial, they go back to their same preferred places repeatedly. Spend enough time at the place you met someone, you’ll be likely to run into them again. If you don’t want to take the chance, be sure to get their contact info the first time!!
- If you’re not from Barcelona, you’ll have the benefit of the ‘foreigner effect’. The traditions, accent and customs from your homeland are probably different than that of the locals. This immediately gives you something to talk about when you meet someone. This provides you with an exotic quality which is very appealing.
- There are constantly new and interesting people moving to Barcelona on a regular basis, for school, work or just for holidays, so you’ll have a regular stream of potential new dating options.
Meet someone in Barcelona, Spain: The old-fashioned way
No matter where you live in Barcelona, there are loads of bars and clubs, where you can meet people. Here are some suggestions to maximize your chances of finding someone in Barcelona:
- Whatever you look like, whatever your age, be sure you have made the most of your assets, and that you always look your best. Show off your best features, and try to draw attention away from those less-than-ideal traits.
- Be aware and take care of your personal hygiene. Make sure to bathe frequently (at least once a day). Use deodorant or antiperspirant. It should be common sense, but you’d be surprised what some people consider acceptable hygiene. It’s always better to err on the side of cleanliness!
- If you’re using a scent (aftershave, cologne or perfume), please do so sparingly! Also, bottled scent is not a replacement for showering… while you don’t want be the person with terrible body odor, you also don’t want to leave a cloud of perfume/aftershave in your wake every time you walk by.
- Be outgoing, nice, and exude confidence. Confidence can make all the difference in how you are perceived by others.
- Be passionate and energetic about your life. Even when you’re talking about things you might not consider too exciting, try to be enthusiastic. Too much negativity is not an endearing trait.
- Go out. Do things. Especially things that encourage interaction with people. Staying home makes it unlikely to find someone new to talk to!
- Try to show off your ‘special skills’. If you’re a good singer, go to a karaoke bar or join a choir. If you are a decent actor, join a theater group or go to an acting class.
- You could also meet love interests in your current workplace. Be careful here! If things don’t go well, you will have to see this person every day. Even if things go well, seeing someone you’re dating all the time can be a strain on a relationship.
Meeting Someone in Barcelona, Spain: Online Dating
The world is becoming increasingly hectic. Our lives become busier every year. This won’t change, and in fact, things will likely get busier in the future! It’s not easy to meet people, and even more difficult to meet others with similar interests and ideas. One fantastic solution for this is online dating. Using the internet as a tool for dating makes a lot of sense in our busy world. There is no stigma associated with it. In fact, more and more people are looking online for relationships. I’m sure you know of at least one relationship that started from an internet connection. If you don’t think dating online is for you, please reconsider… give it a try. It’s like online shopping. It doesn’t cost you anything to sign up and ‘shop’ for a partner!!
When you’re creating an online dating profile in Barcelona, it’s best to be honest, otherwise any interested parties may be disappointed. There are a several things you should keep in mind when starting to internet date in Barcelona:
- Use a suitable, attractive but accurate photograph in your dating profile. You don’t want potential partners to be disappointed if they meet you in person
- A little mystery goes a long way. The most successful people dating online are those who keep their profiles tight and impactful.
- Don’t advertise yourself as something you’re not. If you’re not musically inclined, don’t say you are. If you don’t like the sports, don’t say you do. You get the point!
If you are single (or even if you’re not) and decide to look into online dating, I think that Meetic is the best online dating site for anyone living in Barcelona. The site has a large number of members. Signing-up is free; its a great way to get an idea of how online dating works, and what is out there, before you decide to go any further.
Not looking for anything serious, but still want to have some fun? Try the Victoria Milan website!! You’ll love it…
There are other online dating sites that operate in Barcelona, Spain so be sure to look around to find something that works for your particular tastes.
Once you do find someone online who catches your interest, there are lots of great places to go to in Barcelona and cool things to do.
Good luck finding someone in special to share your life in Barcelona!